- 4 eggs
- 2 plain yoghurt
- 125g mild olive oil
- 60g panela (unrefined panela cane sugar)
- 310g oatmeal
- 60g carob powder
- 1 yeast packet
- Lemon and orange zest
Step by step
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C
2. In a large bowl, crack eggs and beat them together with panela until they double in size.
3. Gently add oil and yoghurts. Add oatmeal, carob powder and yeast packet and mix the batter until it becomes uniform.
4. Line the mould with baking paper, pour the cake and spread it uniformly. Dust with cinnamon, lemon, and orange zest.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, approx., until a skewer comes out clean.
It is a flexible cake. You can replace carob for wholemeal flour, or cocoa for a different flavour.
If you use flavoured yoghurts, the outcome will be different as well.
Add fresh fruit, or some chopped nuts, like almonds.