Are you a regular member of the ‘hit snooze and skip breakfast club’? For those of us who would rather make the most of an extra 15 minutes sleep than make breakfast, the meal can be an afterthought. If you’re a regular breakfast-skipper but you’re tired of feeling hangry all day, we have the solution for you with these easy healthy breakfast ideas. We have put together three no-fuss blender recipes that will tickle your tastebuds and fuel your body. Plus, with our Beko Vaccumm Blender technology, you'll be able to prepare your smoothie in the evening, and still enjoy all the health benefits the next day! So easy, you could do it in your sleep.
Delicious Defence Green Smoothies
If you’re looking for an easy healthy breakfast that’s a sure-fire pick-me-up, this green smoothie will be your new go to! Bursting with nutrients and fibre, this green smoothie will boost your immune system and give you the energy you need to kickstart your day. Pro tip: cut up your fruit the night before and store it in the freezer. This makes for a colder smoothie and saves you time in the morning, all you have to do is combine the ingredients and hit go on your blender!
- 150g pineapple, cubed
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 50ml coconut water
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cut pineapples into cubes and chop cucumber and apple.
- Put the fruit and mint leaves in the blender.
- Add the coconut water and lime juice.
- Mix until smooth.
Find our delicious defence smoothie here.
Overnight oats are a popular quick breakfast recipe option for children and adults alike, and for good reason. They are packed with fibre and protein to keep you fuller for longer and they also help to lower cholesterol and stabilise blood sugar levels. The best part is you can eat them any way you like! This recipe for overnight oats is perfect for those looking to catch a few extra minutes of beauty sleep in the morning: simply make them the night before and pop in the fridge for an easy, on-the-go breakfast.
- 1 banana, chopped
- 300ml coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 50g rolled oats
- 25g chia seeds
- 130g honey
- Blend the banana in a blender for 30 to 60 seconds or until pureed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, coconut milk, vanilla extract, pureed banana, chia seeds and desiccated coconut.
- Taste the mixture to see if it needs honey and add to your liking.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Garnish with fruit to serve.
Find our overnight oats recipe here.
Banana and date smoothie
Low on sugar and high on taste, this delicious smoothie is sure to kick-start your morning. Packed with nutritious banana and antioxidant-rich dates, this recipe is maximum impact with minimal effort, perfect for busy mornings and fussy eaters. You’ll wake up on the right side of the bed every morning knowing that a breakfast this good is waiting for you.
- 1 banana, chopped
- 3 soaked dates, chopped
- 3 almonds
- ¾ teaspoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 250 ml your preferred milk
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Check consistency and add more milk if desired and blend again.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with banana, berries and shredded coconut.
Find our banana and date recipe here.