- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups steel cut oats (240 gr.)
- 4 cups water (1 liter)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
Step by step
1. Preheat the pressure cooker (I used my Instant Pot) by selecting saute. Add in the coconut oil and let it melt.
2. Add in the steel cut oats and mixing constantly lightly saute until for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the water. Select cancel.
4. Secure the lid and turn your valve to “seal”.
5. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. I have found that it will take 5-7 minutes to come to full pressure.
6. Once cooking is complete, let it natural release for 10 minutes and then quick release the rest.
7. Remove the lid carefully and give it a stir.
8. Top it off with your desired toppings.