For The Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For Piyaz Salad:
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly in half moon shape (1/2 cup)
- 2 cans white bean Cannelini or Navy Beans would work – drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sized tomatoes sliced ½ inch in half moon shape
- ½ cup Italian Parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons Black pitted olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
Step by step
1. To make the dressing: Place olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic clove, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper in a bowl and whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
2. Place sliced red onion in a bowl of water and let soak for 5 minutes, drain.
3. Assemble the salad: Place white beans, drained red onions, sliced tomatoes, and chopped parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle it with the dressing and sumac. Give it a gentle toss.
4. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. This is an optional step but allows flavors to mingle and deliver a next level delicious salad.
5. If preferred, garnish with black pitted olives and hard boiled eggs. Serve.