- 200 g dry figs
- 2 oranges juice
- 100 g almonds
- 2 - 3 tablespoon cocoa powder (with no sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- To coat; grated coconut, cocoa powder and cinnamon, sesame, chopped pistachios
Step by step
1. Rehydrate the sliced figs in the orange juice for 24 hours. If the orange juice is not enough to cover the figs, add some water.
2. Drain the figs and put them into a Beko Sense Table Blender or Beko Sense Hand Blender Set or similar. Reserve the liquid for later use.
3. Blend the figs with the almonds, salt and cocoa powder to get a paste that is smooth but strong enough to shape. If necessary, add some of the orange juice, but keep the texture of the paste in mind.
4. Keep the paste in the fridge for a few hours.
5. Model it into ball shapes with your the hands and coat them with whatever you prefer (grated coconut, chopped nuts, seeds, cocoa powder with cinnamon).
You can keep these chocolate balls in the fridge for a few days.
These chocolate balls are loaded with magnesium; the figs, almonds and cocoa powder are full of it. They are full of fibre, too. Both nutrients are crucial for the good working of our digestive functions and for preventing future health problems.