Thank you for your feedback
You just added this product to your wishlist.
You just removed this product from your wishlist.
You can't add more to wishlist
Are you sure you want to clear your wishlist?
You can only compare products from the same category.
You just added an item to compare! Keep going!
You just removed an item to compare! Keep going!
Your compare list is full!
You only added 1 product. Please add more products to compare

1 min read

How to stop food from getting frozen inside the refrigerator?

How to stop food from getting frozen inside the refrigerator?
How to stop food from getting frozen inside the refrigerator?



The fridge compartment should only chill and not freeze your food. If your food is getting frozen, see if one of the following will solve the problem.




Check the temperature setting


Your refrigerator’s temperature control may be set to an incorrect setting. Locate the dial by consulting your manual. If you’re having trouble finding your manual, download it here using your product’s model number.


Turn the dial clockwise and set the temperature. The recommended temperature is around 4 °C to 5 °C for the fridge and around -18 °C for the freezer compartment. 




Avoid placing food in front of air vents


Sensitive food can get frozen easily if it’s are placed in front of the air outlets on the top shelf. Relocate such food so that it won’t get frozen.




Measure the actual inner temperature 


The best way to check the actual temperature inside your refrigerator is with an accurate thermometer. 


Place the thermometer inside a cup of water and put it inside the fridge compartment. To check freezer temperatures, do the same with the thermometer inside alcohol or cooking oil (because water would freeze). 


Let the thermometer sit in the fridge or the freezer for a while. Then, read the temperature on the thermometer and make sure it corresponds to what the appliance has been set to. If your refrigerator is colder or warmer than it should be, it might have a technical problem. In that case, contact an authorised service agent.



Rather talk to someone?