1 1/2 hours
- 910g whole wheat flour
- 500ml water
- 15g yeast
- 12g salt
- 80ml olive oil
- 110g honey
- 1 egg
- 2 raisins
- 2 sliced almonds
Step by step
1. Pour the water into a bowl and add the yeast.
2. Pour flour in the mixing bowl.
3. Add honey, oil, salt, and water.
4. Mix until you form a dough.
5. Brush another bowl with olive oil and let the kids place the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
6. Kids - form the rabbit shape
a. Cut off 2/4 of the loaf to make body. Form into an oval and place about 3- 4 cm from bottom of baking sheet (to leave room for legs).
b. Take remaining 1/4 of the loaf and form into oval for bunny’s head and place just above and touching body.
c. Cut off 1/4 of second loaf and then split that piece in half. Form each of these into 15 cm long ropes. Double each over to form ears. Put them in the right place and tuck the loose ends under head on each side.
d. Cut about a 1″ portion of the end of the remaining loaf and then take 1/5 of that and form a ball for the nose. Split the rest in half and form each into approximately 1″ disk for each cheek.
e. Put cheeks and nose in place. Add 2 raisins for eyes and 2 almond slices for teeth.
f. Take remainder of loaf and shape it into 4 rectangles. Put in place for arms and legs just touching body. Cut 2 slits at the end of each to make fingers/toes.
7. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Cover the rabbit and let rise for 30 more minutes.
8. Whisk an egg, brush on the dough.
9. Bake for 25 minutes.