2 to 4
- 310g whole wheat flour, plus more for work surface
- 80g melted coconut oil
- 160g molasses
- 1 large egg
- 5g ground ginger
- 5g ground cinnamon
- ½g salt
- 2g ground cloves
- 5g baking soda
- 5g baking powder
Step by step
1. Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, cloves, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk until blended.
2. Combine coconut oil and molasses together with the eggs. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Get the kids to divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a round disc about 1 inch thick and wrap it in plastic wrap.
Place both discs in the refrigerator and chill until cold.
5. Get kids to flour surface.
6. Roll until it’s ¼ inch thick.
7. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
8. Cut cookie shapes.
9. Place cookies on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 min, then let cool.
10. Let kids decorate the cookies as desired.