6 to 8
- 1kg beef / steak meat
- 30ml olive oil
- 50g leek
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 garlic gloves, finely diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 15g tomato purée
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 500ml stock (beef or chicken)
- 4 spring of thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper and herbs
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 of medium celery
- 300ml almond milk
- 15ml olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Step by step
1. Add the mince to a non-stick frying pan and fry for 5 min until brown. Take off the heat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in another pan.
3. Add the onion, carrot, celery and leek and cook on low/medium heat until they become soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Return the beef to the vegetable pan.
5. Add the garlic, tomato purée, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs; fry for 3 more minutes.
6. Add the stock and simmer on a medium heat, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
7. Add the potatoes, cauliflower and celery into a pot; simmer on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
8. Drain and place the cooked vegetables in a food processor; process until smooth.
9. Pour the beef mince into a casserole dish, smooth out to the dish's edges and top with the mash.
10. Brush with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.