- 3 beetroots
- 5g cumin
- 300g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 30ml lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80g walnuts, chopped
- 50ml tahini
- 100g feta - crumbled
- Olive oil
- Mint leaves and whole meal pita breads to serve
Step by step
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Wrap each beetroot in baking paper.
3. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
4. Peel the beetroot and coarsely chop. Put in a food processor.
5. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, walnuts, cumin and tahini.
6. Process until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle with the feta and mint leaves.
9. Serve with pita on the side.